Timber and Woodworkers’ Union (TWU) of the Trades Union Congress (TUC) has elected National Officers who would steer affairs of the Union for the next Quadrennial.
The 10th Delegates Conference held at the Public Services Workers’ Union (PUWU) Centre in Adiembra, Kumasi, from 17th-19th January, 2021. Seven elected national leaders were sworn in by the Deputy Secretary General of the TUC, Joshua Ansah, to oversee the activities of the Union for the next four years.
The elected are:
1. Georgina Smedley: National Chairman:
2. Kwame Sekyere: First National Vice Chairman:
3. Georgina Fletcher: Second National Vice Chairperson:
4. Mark Ofori Asante: General Secretary:
5. David Tetteh: Deputy General Secretary:
6. Justice Asare: First National Trustee:
7. Alexander Terku Bahomey: Second National Trustee
Speaking of behalf of the newly elected national officers, the chairperson, Georgina Smedley, expressed gratitude to all delegates for entrusting them with the welfare of the union, adding that the newly elected national officers would work extremely well to move the union to a higher level.
Maiden Youth Conference
The union also made history by organizing its maiden Youth conference which elected executives to oversee youth activities in the union for the quadrennial.